Cause Algorithms are Whack
For Swordsfall I primarily post to Twitter (@Swordsfall1). It's been the social media platform that I've had the most success with and engagement. However, over the last month, I've noticed a decrease in engagement.
Oh No, I thought! So I increased my post rate, made sure to talk to almost every commenter and posted art during my peak times. Yet, nothing. Confused and frustrated, I vented on a Twitter post.
Then, something rather unexpected happened. I had dozens of followers telling me that they weren't even seeing content posts. Only my side tangents, rants and other text-only posts. No art, no content.
Well, there was my problem, ye old algorithm at it again. I'm not one to just deal with things, so we're gonna implement a few things to change this. Cause, ya'll should see the content you're looking for. And the content some of you paid to have produced.
I'm going to start being methodical with my hashtags for Swordsfall content. By that I mean label each post with a specific hashtag so you can easily find buried content.
- All Swordsfall content will be labeled with the normal #Swordsfall hashtag.
- For art I'll also be doing #SwordsfallArt for those art lovers.
- Anything specific to the setting book, Welcome to Tikor, I'll be doing the #welcometotikor hashtag.
- Anything specific to the graphic novel, Drift of Dreams, I'll be doing the #driftofdreams hashtag.
- Anything specific to the tarot cards will be #SwordsfallTarot.
Hopefully, this will help me get around some of Twitter's weird crap, and allow fans to easily see the content. This is specific to Twitter mind you. Facebook (Swordsfallrpg) and Instagram (@swordsfallrpg) I only post info, so just click the profile and you should be good!
Let's see if this works and make sure you COMMENT on posts. Likes, and RTs of course, but comments are gold.
If you want to see all the behind the scene stuff then make sure you sign up to be Patreon subscriber! You get e-mails and that just makes it so much easier.